Welcome to Alberta
Your gateway to breathtaking adventures and activities along the eastern slopes of the beautiful Canadian Rocky Mountains! Rediscover folklore, local legends and immerse yourself in historic culture through tented packhorse trips, bed & breakfasts, and back-country ranches and lodges.
Connect with the essence of Alberta’s mountain past!
You can enjoy:
- spectacular scenic vistas and abundant wildlife
- crystal-clear alpine and sub-alpine lakes, rivers and streams
- ranch rides, trail rides, backcountry riding and pack trips
- unforgettable hikes on early fur trading mountain trails
- exceptional hunting and fising with expert guides and outfitters
- traditional music, songs and stories about the unsung heroes of the fur trade
- visits to historical buildings, trapline cabins and wikiups
- visits to gravesites and deserted mine sites
Our operators – your hosts, are all located on the Eastern Slopes of the Rockies and most offer stunning back-country trips in and around Willmore Wilderness Park, a pristine and untouched area ideal for visitors who wish to partake in the traditional mountain lifestyle. Their lives and businesses are interwoven with Rocky Mountain history, stories, and a unique mountain and horseback culture. Many are descendants of the fur trade who can share Canada’s true and untold stories about the opening of the West. Experience traditional experiences with traditional people!